New York Talent/Modeling Agency Licensing

New York City Department of Consumer Affairs (DCA)

Fees for the agency’s services are limited to 10% by law, in most instances.

Furthermore, in New York City modeling/talent agencies must be licensed by the New York City Department of Consumer Affairs (DCA), and must be bonded, as well.

A licensed agency is required to prominently display its license.

You can find out if an agency is licensed and bonded by writing to DCA License Issuance, 42 Broadway, New York, NY 10004, or by emailing the Commissioner.

You should do so before choosing an agent.

Talent agency license database

» » » (212) 487-4444

"Check whether an agency is licensed by calling Consumer Affairs at (212) 487-4444, or write to us. An agency should have its license posted in the reception area."

NYC Department of Consumer Affairs (DCA)
Consumer Complaint Division
42 Broadway
New York, NY 10004
(212) 487-4444

On-Line DCA Complaint Form